- Christmas and New Year greeting card 1936/37
- 152 x 203mm (6 x 8in)
A seasonal greeting from America with an irreverent view of the Edward VIII abdication crisis taking place in Britain at the time. The verse reads:
- The Lion and the Unicorn
- Have monolopized the papers
- To disapprove with British scorn
- King Edward’s latest capers.
- All this was very vital
- And all England’s been astew,
- For it’s been clear that Edward
- Couldn’t abdicate and eat it too.
- But what is more important
- Than this schism cross the sea,
- Is “How are you and all the folks
- Whom we so seldom see?”
- So forget proud England’s crisis
- Now that Wallie has her peer,
- And remember that it’s Christmas
- And we’re wishing you good cheer.
- Elizabeth & Killie